Saturday 5 December 2015

Eyes and a big smile.

A large moth fluttered against a window last night attracted by the light and it was very noticeable due to strong white markings across the underside of the wings. however I was unable to get it to venture into a position where it could be caught. This morning I had more luck as what I assume to be the same species flew past as I was watering the vegetable garden and took shelter on the retaining logs under a large pumpkin leaf. 


The green tinge is from the light through the leaf and the photo was taken using my iphone.

The moth is one of the Notuidae family Donuca lanipes  White Banded Noctuid found throughout north eastern Australia

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful moth Ian - love the markings especially those eyespots :)

    ReplyDelete