Thursday 31 May 2018

Pre blog post

Before I commenced this blog we had a visit from a lizard that I have not seen since, so I thought I should revisit the two occasions when I managed photos of this visitor as a record of the visit.

The first was on the 9th of April 2010 when this lizard, which I was able to identify as a Tree Skink or Striated Skink Egernia striolata, was sunning on a rock next to our house.


It stayed around the area for months but tended to be quite wary and quickly going undercover between logs which is where my next photo was taken on 21st September 2010.


The skink is listed as reasonably common although the range seems to be more to the inland areas of Queensland, NSW and Victoria. The habitats are dry Eucalyptus forests through to rainforest where they are found under bark and logs or hollow stumps and fallen timber. Like other skinks the food sources are insects, frogs and spiders.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment