Sunday 15 July 2018

New camera zoom

My previous camera, a canon Powershot SX 30is did some very hard work of the past but finally the adverse conditions it has had to cope with on some of my excursions proved too much and the zoom feature packed up.
As cameras are super-ceded at a rapid rate the Sx30is is well in the past but I love the versatility of the compact zoom for the nature photography which I enjoy so decided to stay with Canon and go for the Powershot SX60hs that has even more features and has RAW capability, wireless and many other features that I probably won't use.

Just to see how it would perform from wide angle to full 65X optical zoom I took  some shots of a Red-necked Wallaby that was enjoying the morning sun just below the verandah.

Wide angle (spot the wallaby)

 



Full 65X zoom
All were hand held and at full zoom that is quite a test for the image stabiliser I have taken quite a few photos since and I am very pleased with the camera, just need more subjects..

2 comments:

  1. Super photos Ian - am sure you will love the camera. My son and I share a Canon SX50hs and are very pleased with it - the zoom is impressive :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Caroline,
    Thanks for the comment and I am glad that you are finding the Canon a handy camera to have. I am hoping to post a few more photos and will probably change direction a bit as I am not finding as many first time species to add to the blog:)

    ReplyDelete