Sunday 1 November 2020

Many Blue Tigers seen today

Today we had numerous Blue Tigers Tirumala hamatus flying around and only alighting briefly to take in some sun. It was quite an occasion as I have rarely seen them on our property and I was keen to get a photo or two as the only time of managed to photograph one it was partly hidden by foliage. Today the first one that I saw taking a break from flying only stayed long enough for a shot with wings together.


 After some time seeing many flying around but not stopping I finally saw one rest on acacia foliage and spread its wings to the sun.

I only managed to get the one photo before it was on the wing again but pleased with the result. These butterflies are found from northern Australia to as far south as eastern Victoria, however they are more numerous in northern regions, sometimes in large numbers.


No comments:

Post a Comment