Thursday 28 October 2021

A new skipper

I noticed one of the skipper family of butterflies land on a flower in the garden and it did look a little different to other skippers that I have seen on the property. It stayed quite still on the flower and allowed me to get a few photos with the phone camera.


 


 When I had a chance to identify it I was pleased to see that it was one I hadn't photographed previously however as many species in this family are very similar I may have seen one before. They are found in NSW and Victoria and the lavae feed on Lomandra mat rush species of which we have quite a lot on the property.

2 comments:

  1. Great photos of a very pretty little skipper. Do hope you are staying safe and well in these worrying times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment and I am pleased at the quality of the photos that I can get with my iphone 11.
    We are weathering the Covid and thankfully with vaccinations in Australia quickly heading to 90 plus things are starting to get back to some semblance of normal. I hope you are safe and also getting back to normal.

    ReplyDelete