Sunday 12 December 2021

"Camo" Katydid

 As I was doing some pruning of shrubs I happened to see a movement and on closer look found a well camouflaged Katydid nymph.


 With my iphone in the back pocket I was able to get a couple of photos as I thought by the time I went to get my camera it could have moved on and I would be lucky if I was able to spot it again.

Not having seen one before I had no idea of the identity but after some searching found it to be the nymph of the 32 Spotted Katydid, Ephippitytha trigintiduoguttata .

Their habitat is  the coastal eucalyptus forests from central Queensland down the east coast and as far as Adelaide but much more common in the Queensland.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing insect :) Hope you are staying safe and well and have a lovely Christmas. Best wishes Caroline

    ReplyDelete