Fungi are popping op all around following our period of wet weather and some look quite tasty but looks can be deceiving. I found a troop that went on parade just at the side of a path and they look like common edible mushrooms even with pinkish gills. However just a sniff and a distinctly iodine smell put off any thought of making an omelet with this lot.
A few years back I found some really nice looking "mushrooms" and cooked them up but fortunately the smell of iodine was so strong I decided that throwing out was the best option. On checking the likely culprit I believe they were Agaricus xanthoderma particularly noted for the distinctive smell.
So I think today's examples are the same species.