Tuesday 14 April 2020

Not a dune in sight

This is a year for butterflies and dragonflies they are flitting around all day some fats moving others just seem to float with just the occasional flutter of wings.

One very striking dragonfly species that I have not seen before is quite accommodating for photos as it keeps on coming back to the same spot after a short flight. I took a some photos a couple of days ago and was going to post them but couldn't identify the species. I posted on another blog (iNaturalist.org) where there are lots of observers that will usually give you the correct Id and I did get the answer. The following day I manage to get better photos of the Dune Glider Tramea eurybia.



This species if found mainly to the north of Australia in the Andaman Islands, Sumatra, Sulawesi, New Guinea and Fiji. In Australia it is normally found around the dune lakes of Eastern Australia
 

No comments:

Post a Comment